Why Should I Get Treatment for Sex Addiction?
Are those around you suggesting that you get professional treatment for a sexual addiction? You may be struggling with the idea that your behaviors and attitudes about sexual activity are symptoms of sex addiction, and you may be asking questions such as the following:
- How do you know if you have a sex addiction?
- What are the causes of sex addiction?
- What does sex addiction treatment entail?
Learn more about this type of addiction so that you can recognize the symptoms of a sex addiction in yourself or a loved one.
Recognizing a Sexual Addiction
You may think that your sexual behaviors are normal for someone who is your age and is in the physical condition that you are. When others are telling you that your activities and behaviors are symptomatic of a sexual addiction, it can be irritating if you don’t believe that you are a compulsive sexual addict. Answering yes to the following questions may indicate symptoms of sex addiction:
- If you are involved in a long-term relationship or are married, do you frequently have affairs and stray from the relationship?
- Have your personal relationships started to suffer as a direct result of your sexual behaviors?
- Do you have multiple anonymous one-night stands?
- Do you find yourself viewing pornographic materials a lot or in inappropriate locations such as at work?
- Are you having difficulty in the workplace as a direct result of your behaviors?
- Are you finding that you are seeking out and participating in risky sexual behaviors?
- Do you feel emotionally disconnected from your sexual partners?
- Have you contracted one or more sexually transmitted infections?
If you have recognized yourself in several of these situations, it may be time to admit that you have a sexual addiction that could benefit from professional sex addiction treatment.
The Risks of Sexual Addiction
If the above list hasn’t already given you an idea as to the risks you face if you don’t seek out a sex addiction recovery program, the following may further cement the very real risks in your mind:
- You run the risk of destroying and even losing valuable relationships including your relationship with your spouse, your close friends and even your parents or children as your behaviors escalate
- Time spent indulging in addictive behaviors can lead to excessive amounts of time spent away from work
- As the need to seek out riskier activities progresses, the risk of injury either from the acts themselves or from anonymous partners becomes a possibility
- Your risks of contracting an infection or life-threatening illness as a result of sexual activity increase significantly as you seek out more anonymous partners and partake in riskier behaviors
Entering into a sex addiction rehab program will help you to find what is responsible for your sexual addiction. The causes of sex addiction can vary greatly between individuals, and when you receive quality help for sex addiction, you will undergo intense therapy that will help you to get to the bottom of your addictive behaviors.
Find Sex Addiction Support Now
Get professional sex addiction treatment today. Call our toll-free helpline to confidentially discuss your concerns with one of our understanding counselors. Our counselors are nonjudgmental and knowledgeable. Call us today to find out how we can best help you with the sex addiction recovery process.
Post a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.