How Do I Break Free from Sex Addiction?
Sex addiction is a challenging addiction for those who are struggling with it. It is difficult to break free from a sex addiction, and it can also have a severe and long-lasting impact on your relationships and on various aspects of your life. With extensive professional sex addiction treatment recovery is possible, and you can start the process of rebuilding your damaged personal relationships.
Recognizing the Symptoms of Sex Addiction
A sexual addiction goes much further than just seeking out physical gratification. As a part of the sex addiction recovery process, you will learn some of the causes of sex addiction and also learn the triggers that lead you to the destructive addictive behaviors. Your symptoms could include some of the following:
- Extramarital affairs
- Anonymous partners
- Multiple one-night stands
- Obsessive usage of pornographic materials
- Taking increasing risks during sexual activity
- Engaging in unsafe sexual practices
- Exhibitionism, voyeurism or even stalking and assault
The causes of sex addiction are personal and they vary greatly between individuals. Some causes may be related to the following:
- Sexual abuse as a child
- Physical and emotional abuse as a child
- Stress and anxiety
- Lack of healthy adult role models as a child
- Exposure to inappropriate material as a child
- Anxiety issues coupled with obsessive compulsive tendencies
These issues and more can lead a person to develop unhealthy ideas about sexual activity and intimacy.
How a Sex Addiction Recovery Program Will Help
When you get help in a sex addiction rehab program, you will find that recovery can help you to break free from the clutches of the addiction that has been holding you hostage. The following are some of the steps that you will go through when you enter into a high quality sex addiction recovery program:
- You will undergo a physical, mental and emotional evaluation that will help the medical professional treating you form a workable treatment plan that will address all aspects of your addiction
- You will receive counseling and other beneficial therapy sessions that will help you to get to the bottom of your sexual addiction
- You will be given the chance to freely discuss your addiction and receive the benefit of input from those who are also dealing with their own sexual addiction
Sex addiction treatment can be a complex process, but the best professionals will treat you with the respect and the compassion that you deserve.
Call Our Helpline for Immediate Assistance
When you call our toll-free sex addiction helpline, you will be able to speak in complete confidence with one of our caring counselors. We will help to guide you to the right sex addiction recovery program for your unique situation and for your lifestyle. We are here to help you get your life back on track, help you to repair your damaged relationships and help you live the healthy positive life that you deserve.
Post a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.